Pages

Saturday 18 February 2012

Beautiful cakes...

Well, I feel as though the nesting feeling has well and truly kicked in now! I really have the urge to completely sort out our house ready for the baby and I really want to get our kitchen in order and start baking properly. We have a fairly small kitchen and have nowhere to sit as a family and have dinner, although there is space in there to have a small table! So my job in the next few weeks is to make our kitchen beautiful and hopefully get a small table in there.

As you probably know, I got married in September and in the planning stages I absolutely LOVED looking at different cake designs and getting inspiration for our wedding cake. We were very lucky that my Nan is a keen baker and offered to make us any cake we liked! 
Although I have made cakes in the past, I have never really had any experience in cake decorating - so I have made this my aim in the next couple of months, and hopefully get more experienced whilst on maternity leave. I see this as my dream job, being able to create such beautiful creations for other people to enjoy. My first goal is to make my Mum a cake for Mothers day which is in a few weeks time. I love looking at inspiration for cakes, and here are a few cake designers that I really admire.

Cotton and Crumbs


I first found these beautiful cakes on Facebook, through another wedding supplier. They were my main inspiration when I was wedding planning, the cakes are absolutely stunning! I especially love their flowers, they are so beautifully made and look really lifelike, I would love to be able to make roses like these. It is a shame that they are based up north, otherwise I would be first on the list to attend a class!



Oh my goodness, how gorgeous are these cakes?! I have only recently come across Maki's cakes and these 2 cake designs jumped straight out at me. I absolutely love the bows, I want to try and make a bow for my Mums Mothers day cake. The detail on these are amazing, I love square cakes as they are so different. I love it when square tiers are topped with round tiers, they look so unique. The broderie anglaise on the second cake is stunning, I could only wish that I would ever get this good!



Peggy Porschen is probably the most well-known cake designer, her designs are so divine! I love how the 2 cakes above are completely different to each other, it just shows that she has an amazing eye for design. I have told my Husband that he needs to take me to her cake parlour the next time we go up to London, I would love to try her cakes to see if they taste as good as they look! She also takes all sorts of classes, which I would love to be able to go to one day. Would be amazing to create such a beautiful masterpiece. 



I have also just recently come across Maisie Fantaisie cakes, they blew me away as soon as I saw them! The detail on them is absolutely gorgeous, it must take so long to create such beautiful cakes. May Clee-Cadman only established Maisie Fantaisie in 2003 and has already come so far, her cakes are regularly featured in wedding magazines. She has published 2 books, which are on my shopping list to help get me started!


If any of you have any baking/decorating tips for me then I would be so grateful to hear from you! And I shall hopefully be showing you my finished creation in a few weeks time!
With Love, Danielle x



2 comments:

  1. These cake designs are fantastic! I have a weakness for cupcake design so my favorite would be the first Cotton and Crumbs cake. I can see how rewarding it would be to be a cake designer. After all, your work would be selected to feature in one of the most important days of a person's life. Good luck with your creative pursuit and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at cakes, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have
    interesting, you can load to swiss rolex

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete